Friday, May 23, 2008

Things I’ve learned as an art teacher:

  • I can make a hair tie out of any writing/painting implement, string or a glue stick and a rubber band.
  • Sometimes, a kid just needs a hug.
  • No matter how careful you are, if you get out the glitter it will be EVERYWHERE.
  • If they suddenly get really quiet, even if you didn’t see it, someone did something really stupid.
  • Always have a complete change of clothes on hand...down to your shoes.
  • A fourth grader can fit 5 brand new crayons in their nostrils.
  • Kids will eat clay. And they will be surprised that it tastes like dirt.
  • If you give them paint, students will look like Aboriginal Warriors before they leave the room.
  • Black pants are the biggest blessing ever!
  • That white goo on the table…not necessarily glue. (Yeah, that’s nasty--to clarify, it was a giant lugie--, and yes it happened today.)

4 comments:

Who, me? said...

Yuck on that last one... I heard once that that kind of thing could be a sign of child abuse.

Bethie said...

I just re-read that. It was snot. Plain old mucus. I didn't mean to allude to anything else!!

Who, me? said...

I guess I should get my mind out of the gutter :)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up Bethie!