Thursday, May 15, 2008

Go Cubs, Go!

It was a beautiful evening for baseball! Ben sent me a text saying he had tickets for the bleachers...My first thought? "I'm in!! They're playing the Padres, right?"

Here's my random shot of the bleachers while I had a beer and waited for Ben. I was playing with the camera on my new phone.
I realized it's been forever since I've sat in the Bleachers at Wrigley. I know it's been more than 15 years...I think 1989 was the last time I was out in the Bleachers!! My Grandfather, who was a HUGE Cubs fan, used to tell my to ride my bike to Wrigley (about 6 miles). He knew that due to low attendance, after a certain inning, they'd let me in for free. My instructions were to "stand under the left field exit sign." He always could find me standing there when he watched the game at home on tv! Irresponsible? Maybe. At least he knew where I was!!

We, of course, sat in the left field.

To Ben's right, there was this ridiculous blond. UGH!! I couldn't believe that they let her sit there!! Seriously. Ben posted all about her antics on his blog. I do appreciate the confidence that my fellow Bleacher Bums had in me...and for the record, I could have taken her! (Check out Ben's blog for more details--see, Ben? I plugged your blog!!)

After the game I made it home...thanks Jack for the ride, but no more giving the over served girl sharp objects to play with!! (I believe I may have stapled my finger to a tow truck...)

Aside from Blondie (and the stapler), it was a great night, good times and of course a CUBS WIN!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you live in a free country when a ditsy blond is in the bleachers! Go Cubs!!!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

I like the photo with the Sunshine..
Mom