Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shirt Nazis!

OK, so there are somethings that I'm not:

I am not fast.
I am not short.
I am not petite.
I am not small chested.
I am not a SMALL PERSON!!!

No, I'm not having a fat day, but let's call a spade a spade; I'm in no way going to be confused for someone who is wee. I was picking up a race packet for an 8K Turkey Trot on Thursday and for some reason, my shirt size was listed as a small. I politely asked to change for a medium and the shirt nazis told me "That's just not allowed."

Are you kidding me? LOOK AT ME!! I'M NOT A TINY PERSON!! For pete's sake, my boobs don't allow me to be a small. I thought they were kidding. Apparently you're not allowed to trade at all. Seriously? I've been asked to trade up and down before for other events. If there was a shortage of mediums, I could understand, really, no problem. But give me a break! I've registered for four events this month, and suddenly I randomly wrote small on my race registration? Ri-i-i-i-ght. The shirt nazi then told me, "Just try your shirt on when you get home, you never know, maybe you'll be surprised."

Who knows, maybe this shirt truly is magical...not only will it wick moisture away and keep me dry, but it will suddenly make me a small. Maybe I should start registering for smalls (and then I'll end up with a mediums!). Or the most probable, maybe I'll just get over it, quit my bitching and get used to wearing a size small. Grrr!

2 comments:

pinknest said...

i'm just impressed that you are turkey trotting. that sounds fun. tight shirt and all.

Bethie said...

It was super fun! I ran it in 55:53 (11:15 minute miles). There were tons of people running, including some guy dressed as a turkey!

And I took my tiny shirt on race day and a non-facist voluenteer let me trade for a medium--Yeah!!