Monday, October 22, 2007

The Day After

So everything this morning went as well as could be expected. I hate IVs and the butt-baring hospitals gowns. But I guess I can take some pleasure in knowing that at some point I probably mooned my doctor in the process. I even have lovely pictures and a note for a return to work on Wednesday (but let's face it, I'll probably go back tomorrow anyway).

On a side note, I have a new addition for the Frog Chronicles. As the nurse was giving me the sedatives, some guy in scrubs asked me if I was single and if he could get my phone number. Are you kidding me? That's the time I want some guy to chat me up...while I'm laying on a gurney in a hospital gown that lets my ass hang out. Are you serious?!?! I'm quite certain my "Fuck off" face isn't quite as effective while under the influence of intravenous drugs. Isn't it in the Hippocratic oath somewhere--"Don't hit on patients."? UGH!!

8 comments:

pinknest said...

what?! are you serious?

Julie said...

Did his name happen to be "The Todd?"

Anonymous said...

And to follow up Julie's comment...to quote the Todd: "Inappropriate FIVE!"

Bethie said...

Pink--completely serious

Julie--There was no fun scrub hat and cut off sleves. At least if it was "The Todd" I would have been entertained!

Joe--Nice.

Who, me? said...

Ugh, sounds like a crappy experience all around. Hope you are feeling better!

Anonymous said...

And you didn't think you were hot.... Silly girl!!

Bethie said...

Mused--Thanks, I'm a little tired, but I'm just fine!

Barb--If drugged and on a gurney is hot, then I was on fire!!

Anonymous said...

But I know you have acute toushe!