Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Holiday Stomach Flu...the gift that keeps on giving!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Holiday. Mine was less than spectacular…

I was so excited to spend Christmas with my boyfriend’s family. They’re all so nice and fun to be around. We did the normal Christmas mass, drove Lenhertz Ave., hung out, and played Scene It (Chris and I ROCK as a team!). We waited for his brother, Adam, to get home from work just after midnight and we opened presents. It really was a good time.

UNTIL…

I was feeling sleepy all day. I just figured it was residual from work and dealing with kids. As we were cleaning up, I started to feel, well, questionable. I stood up and realized “Oh, no!” I was gonna blow!

I ran to the bathroom. I would have made it in time, I really would have. Except that the lid was closed on the toilet. I threw up all over the pretty bath mats and toilet seat cover.

Not only was I mortified that I yakked on Christmas Eve, but I completely defiled my boyfriends, mom’s bathroom! My first Christmas hanging out with his family and all I want is to flush myself down the toilet to avoid seeing them again.

The good news was that I was too sick to go to Christmas dinner the next day. I’m not sure when I actually have to face them again. What on earth am I supposed to do? Is there a Halmark card for “Sorry I puked in your potty on Christmas?”

I’m so embarrassed. I hate the stomach flu.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a real knack for making lasting first impressions don't you? hahaha

Happy New Year!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bethie, Don't worry about it! I'm sure the family is more sympathetic than anything else! Hope you're feeling better.

~Julia

molly said...

yuck.