Sunday, December 11, 2005

Things that bug me...

People at the gym on their cell phones!!

I was at the gym today and this chickie is on an elliptical talking on her cell. I know you’re supposed to be able to have a conversation while exercising but this was ridiculous. She was bouncing around dialin’ her phone…I have enough trouble just staying on the treadmill, let alone have a conversation! (Don’t ask about that story…)

Then this guy was on the treadmill right next to me talking on his cell phone. It’s not like the gym is crowded on Sundays…there were a total of four people on the treadmills, and the guy has to be next to me yakking away on his cell. I had my iPod on, and I could still hear this guy. And to top it off, his conversation was all about getting a piece of ass last night (that poor woman). After the account of his escapades he proceeded to comment on all the women in the gym! (Clearly he was a boob and ass man.)

Is there some kind of etiquette that I’m missing? Is this ok?

People! Put the cell phones away and get your workout!! I don’t need to know how she was last night!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, how WAS she??? The suspense is killing me.

Bethie said...

Hang-out at my gym and you''ll find out. He's either a man-whore or is quite active. And yes, Dave, you don't have to make any commitments! :)

molly said...

OMG! funny you say that...
i was talking to a friend the other night. he was contemplating writing a blog. if he did, it would have to be about "things that annoy him" and then he told a story almost exactly like that!!

hmmmmm....

safe to say EVERYONE HATES WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT!!!