Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Random sightings

In general, it's never a good thing when a friend calls you up and says:

"Hey, Beth, I was surfing on the internet the other day and I found a picture of you..."

Aw crap!!

What random or silly thing did I get documented doing now?!?!

Turns out, it's a pic from when I went on foreign term in 2000!


I remember the day fondly! Katie, Colleen and I had lunch with our professor Sonja at the falafel place on the street where she lived. The name of the street Rue de Rosiers or Street of Roses. Sonja thought it was such a pretty name she wanted a picture of it, so we posed for her.

Random I know.

What's even more random, is that I remember not only that the falafels were wonderful, but also that about 10 to 15 feet away from that sign was the largest cat in Paris, just sleeping on the sidewalk. Seriously. It was huge. It was the side of a medium sized dog. I have a picture (somewhere) to prove it. No one bothered it. It just slept there.

I wanna go back. My passport is lookin' pretty dusty.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What the web needs is more pics of Bethie!!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap Bethie... I remember that street... remember that falafal place (Sonja took a few of us there I guess!). That brings back SOOO many memories!! I was just looking at some of my Europe pics the other day... ahh... memories! BUT... I am going back this summer... to Germany (go figure, right?) Wanna come???? We need to get together and talk about foreign term... ahh... memories!!!

Bethie said...

Vicki--Don't tease me about going back to Germany...I'm totally itchy to travel!! (Translation: I could be easily persuaded to go with you!)
Dave--There's always room for more Bethie! (Where are those pics from the center anyway?!?!)

Anonymous said...

I have a few of them floating around on my laptop. I'm always willing to take new ones too! hehe

Anonymous said...

Aren't you glad that I told you that your mug is posted on the internet?? However, I didn't tell you the other places you showed up....