Friday, November 18, 2005

Man-Scaping

Yesterday I gave my friend Nick a manicure. His hands were pretty bad. I literally had to take a pumice to them. He has a date with this girl on Saturday, so this was much needed considering he works on elevators.

I was thinking, this could be a really business for me. Think about it. If women go to get a manicure or pedicure, they expect a spa environment. A man is not all about the same experience; they’d want something different. Here’s my proposal.

I could open a man spa. Instead of the relaxing music, I could have TV’s with ESPN, hunting shows, tool shows and cars playing on them. I could replace the water and juice with beer and peanuts.

I could over “man-scaping” services in a non-froofy environment. I think it would be a success. It would be a step up from the barbershop. Men could get all the things that they think they need (or that their wives or girlfriends think they need) in a non-intimidating place.

I just need to figure out a manly alternative name for a manicure…

Hand Resurfacing?
Hand Detailing?
Any Suggestions?
Any sponsors for my new business venture?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Call it a Scheduled Maintenance. (like the sceduled maintenance you're supposed to get on your car.) As a matter of fact, you could combine it with a vehicle service. Oil Change, Tire Rotation, Radiator Flush, wash/wax/vacuum (the car), Skin Reconditioning, Haircut, hot shaving cream/straight razor shave, Tension rub (massage), etc. Have a cologne testing session. Also have a gift wrapping service and a gift purchasing consultant, (and an inventory of no-brainer birthday/anniversary/valentine gifts.)

Have could-be strippers dress up like a NASCAR pit crew and have them all buzzing around him performing these services. One girl oing the haircut, and one girl on each hand doing the reconditioning while a fourth one brings the cologne samples and does the entertaining chit-chat bit. (being surrounded by all these women makes it exponentially more difficult for them to say no to the cologne/gift/service suggestions) Have the car wash area visible from the service chair so he can watch the playful bikini car washes in progress. That would beat the hell out of staring at yourself in the mirror the whole time. I hate that.

This could REALLY go somewhere!!! Now I'm going to be up all night thinking about this!

You are BRILLIANT!

Anonymous said...

Bethie - I told you last night I want in on this venture!! 18 months from now I'll actually have some capital to back it with!!!!