Wednesday, November 2, 2005

Kittens, kittens, kittens, kittens...

This past Saturday, while working on the roof, Chris noticed some kittens playing in the back yard. The problem? No momma cat. Sooo…I spent Saturday night and Sunday pretending to be a momma cat. We even named them. From left to right--in the top corner of the pic in the "Randomness" Entry (I can't figure out how to fix the problem), Harp, Q-Tip, Guinness and Peanut. (can you tell which two I named and which two Chris named?)

What did I learn from this experience?

1. Kittens are TINY! Seriously, Peanut only took up half of my hand.

2. Kittens need to eat every four hours. They don’t like to sleep through the night with out tiny high pitched meows. They’re only cute during normal hours.

3. Seamus does not like other cats in his house. When I tried to “introduce” them, the fur was flying. Seamus was hissing and yowling.

4. Kitten milk smells nasty. Just trust me on this one. (My Bears sweatshirt will never be the same.)

5. The vet informed me that kittens do not know to go to the bathroom on their own. You (or the mother cat) must stimulate their bits and pieces to go. I did NOT use my tongue like a mother cat, rather a paper towel. And if the kitten has to go badly enough, they’ll figure it out. How do I know this? On the way to drop the kittens off at the “foster home”, Harp started standing on two legs so that he could poop in Theresa’s new car. Fortunately, Theresa is prepared and had wet naps or her upholstery would never be the same.

Hopefully, the kittens will find good homes…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kittens were lucky to find you! :)

Anonymous said...

Aw MAN!! I wish I could have one or two of them! I'd have to find a new roommate though. Erica is DEATHLY allergic to cats.

Guinness is a GREAT name for a cat!