Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Fashionista Froggies

After work today, I headed to Piper's Alley to pick up a race packet for the Soldier Field 10 Mile. As I was getting the bibs, this guy starts talking to me. We followed along through the packet pick up and I made friendly conversation, not thinking anything of it.

While I was there, I needed pick up some Body Glide (those bastards who stole my stuff also stole my body glide...so weird, I know!) And that guy follows and continuing to talk to me. After I paid, he asked if I wanted to get a cup of coffee (Starbucks is on the corner). I thought, why not--who doesn't like impromptu coffee with a reasonably attractive guy who likes to run?

We got our coffee and as we were chatting, he suddenly stops and said to me "You know, you're really cute..." Now what girl doesn't like to hear that? I really think more people should tell me how cute I am. However, he didn't just stop there (as he probably should have), continuing with "But you'd be a total knock out if you'd just put on some make-up. And a dress, or something tighter and low cut..."

What the hell?! How did this digress so quickly? I wasn't even half way done with my coffee. I was so shocked as I sat there listening to him critique my lack of style (in his opinion). At this point I wasn't sure if he was hitting on me or a gay man looking for a project. Granted, I'm no mascara-happy-make-up-queen, but I'm better than a stick in the eye. Furthermore, I went to Fleet Feet from work. Can anyone explain to me how it would be appropriate for me to wear make up like a drag queen and slutty clothes to a school?! (In saying that, I'm making no judgements on any of our parents.)

Once I gained my composure, I stopped him and said "Um, I gotta go feed my meter! Would you excuse me? I'll be right back!"

Dear Readers, I have a confession to make: I found a spot on LaSalle with out a meter. I just left and didn't come back (I kinda wonder how long he sat there). Oh, and I also took the quarters he offered me... Oops! But in my defense, I had to listen to that crap and I paid for my own coffee.

2 comments:

SuperJuls said...

Wow. Really, I know females can be confusing sometimes, but, seriously. It's not THAT hard to figure out what and what not to say. Meanwhile, I would have said, "you want a knock out? I'll show you a knock out!" Then punch and run, Bethie. Punch and run.


***please note: I do not actually support random acts of violence***
...most of the time

=)

Bethie said...

I know, it's not hard to say "You're pretty." (And STOP TALKING!!) and give us chocolate!