Thursday, June 21, 2007

Up in my grill!

It’s a sad day in my world…I’ve had to say goodbye to an old friend…my grill died. I’ve had it for at least eight years, and it’s been faithful through many a party and Superbowl. It was a hand-me down grill, that had quite a long life. Sure, it’s been slow the last couple of years (on life support, if you will) but it’s finally gone to that big barbeque in the sky…

A moment of silence please.

Life goes on, and I still crave grilled meat…so I headed to the ‘Po (Home Depot, for those of you non-native Bethie speakers) for a new back yard friend. So many to choose from, but I finally decided on a four-burner, silver Char-Broil with side burner.

Some assembly is required...

Ok, a LOT of assembly…


They sent this “castor wrench” which totally sucked. Thank God I have my own tools…which are much superior.
And my drill made assembly go all the quicker!

What’s this Spider Warning?!?! You know I have issues with things with more than four legs! My grill needs to be spider free!

Here she is, in all her glory!!


Thanks to Becca for my new Chicago Bears Grilling utensils…check out that flipper with the etched bear face!!
Mmmm…Burgers! (Check out those grill marks!)


They were eventually cheeseburgers, but they didn’t last long enough to photograph.

Yeah, bad ass new grill!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is glorious, can't wait to put your new grill through the BEARS season. My sympathies about your old one though.

Bethie said...

Thanks...I'm currently searching for a Bears Grill cover. That would be AWESOME!