Sunday, June 24, 2007

I Heart Tiger Balm

Today was the Downers Grove 10 miler—and I rocked!!

Of course I was slower than most, but I didn’t get lapped until Mile 4…not bad! I finished the race in 2:05: ish (will update when times are posted). That’s a 12:30 mile pace. I was just happy to finish! But when I saw the finish clock, I was so happy with my time! This is the farthest distance I’ve ever run!

It was a course with some rolling hills. Some of them I needed to walk up (along with the water stops), but for the most part, I ran the majority of the race. Really, the biggest problem was the squished cicadas making parts of the course slippery... and the grossness of one hitting me in the face while I was running (EW!--pay no attention, to that earlier post, I've seen 'em--they can go away now!)

This race really makes me feel better about the half marathon. I just need to keep up with my training and I’m feeling pretty confidant I won’t embarrass myself!

And now, I’m so ready for next year’s Soldier Field 10 Mile! I want to do it because it finishes on the 50 yard line of my beloved Bears Stadium…I guarantee you, after I cross that finish line I’ll be making grass angels on the field! :)

Thanks, Barb for the countless pep-talks and awesome Running Mix!! I couldn’t have done it with out you! And thanks to Mom and Jack for waiting at the finish line to cheer me on…it got a little lonely out there!! And of course to Tiger Balm…for making my legs just a little less achy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You rock, baby!!!!