Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It just doesn't work...

I was feeling adventurous in the kitchen...and we all know this can either turn out something like the wonder that is "Dave's Mom" or go really badly. I had some carmel sause in my fridge. I had been using it for making carmel apple martinis (which, by the way, came out excellent) and I decided to try the carmel sause mixed with milk. I figured, why not--I like chocolate milk (and really, who doesn't), but this so did NOT work!

No matter how much I mixed the carmel settled at the bottom like sludge. The milk had a light carmel taste to it, which was good, but as I got farther down the glass, I began to have a "pulp" experience--where clumps of carmel were passing my lips--ugh!

I'm sad this didn't work. The flavor was good, but I guess I didn't like it because I'm a texture eater. If anyone has any suggestions, let me know. Until then, I suggest sticking with Hershey's Syrup!

No comments: