Monday, March 19, 2007

Pluming Malfuctions

Today was interesting. The kids were there normal post-testing self. This isn’t a story about the kids, rather about an equipment malfunction.



During my 6th grade class I was at the sink washing something out when it happened. My sink exploded. I have a goose necked sink. You know, the kind that has a spout that looks like an upside down J. I was using the sink when I noticed the spout leaking at the base. Just as I touched it, the spout fell off and water sprayed everywhere!
It was a good thing I did it and shut it off rather than a kid breaking it and possibly running away from the water, making a worse mess. It was crazy!! It was as if my sink exploded!!

The kids thought it was funny that when I called the office I asked for either a wrench or Glen. (Glen is the engineer). My sink is now in good working order, but there was a fair amount of water left over from the deluge.

Maybe I should have the kids start building an ark.

1 comment:

pinknest said...

i would run away screaming. i'd be one of those.