Friday, August 18, 2006

Where's the Tooth Fairy?

So, I haven't been around in a while. Basically, I've been trying to pretend that summer is not in fact coming to an end.

Today, however was particularly unpleasant. I had a wisdom tooth pulled (it was impacted). It was kinda gross. When he was pulling it the cracking sounded like bubble wrap. The only minor complication is that the root was actually growing around the nerve. The dentist stated that there is a possibility that the nerve was bruised and that the numbness may not go away for several weeks. Annoying, yes. But at least it won't hurt!

You can see my gnarly tooth...






Yeah, they let me keep it!

The good news is that it's been seven hours and the Novocain still hasn't worn off (although I do have a major lisp!) I've decided that I'm just going to lay around the house tonight with my ducky ice pack...






and watch the Bears game with my "nurse", Seamus. Who, as you can see is quite bored with me blogging!!



If the Bears aren't doing so well, I may venture out to Blockbuster and Dairy Queen! Don't worry, there's no pain. If there is, my Dentist, who is a very nice man, gave me a prescription for Vicodin. All I need to do is sit around and wait for the Tooth Fairy!

1 comment:

molly said...

you thould have writhen your whole pothst in lithp to thelebrate the tooth!!!