Thursday, June 8, 2006

Ode to the Crab Rangoon Man

So, today sucked. For reasons that needed be published ('cuz let's face it, I don't want to get fired). The purple lion stuck to the celing didn't even cheer me up (Lion Watch Day 21). But I survived.

After I got home, I said to myself: "Screw cooking dinner. I want crab rangoon!" And so I did. I headed down the street to China King and ordered take out. They now have fruit smoothies that are fantabulious! I added a little rum to my pineapple and coconut smoothie and felt much better about my day.

Then I got to thinking, I miss the Crab Rangoon Man.

Who is the "Crab Rangoon Man", you ask? Well, back at Augie, after a night of drinking in the district a cart would appear. It was a man with assorted Chinese food. The crab rangoon were amazing!! Forget the Magic Mountain or TBK. For me, nothing could cure the drunken munchies like the crab rangoon. (Come on, Augie people, you know you love him too!)

I wish that I could find a Chinese food place open late in Chicago for just such a reason, but until I do, I miss you Crab Rangoon Man!

2 comments:

molly said...

i'd take the crap rangoon man over a cart of dirty water dogs or halal meat in ny any day!

Anonymous said...

Ahh... the crab rangoon man... I miss him... that sounds SOOOO good right now. We were talking today at work how we wanted crab rangoon... I need the crab rangoon man back!