Thursday, March 26, 2009

Picky Eater

Last weekend, I made some tuna salad. Generally, I make enough for two sandwiches. I like lots of stuff in my tuna salad, so I add things like celery, spicy mustard, chives, ranch dressing, kale, hard boiled eggs... a lot of it is what is in the fridge, but I do like more than just tuna and mayo.

I had made the first sandwich and had gone out on my back deck to eat it (it was such a pretty day!). I didn't make both at the same time, because I like my bread toasted and I didn't want it to get soggy while I was eating my first sandwich.

Well, it was a tasty sandwich, and I went back inside to make the second. I walked in to the kitchen and there was Tubby McFatty (aka Seamus the Wondercat) up on the counter eating out of the bowl of tuna! After shooing him from my lunch I noticed he had clearly been up there a while. Not only did he make a dent in the tuna, but it was obvious that he did not like the hard boiled eggs that I had added to the mix. In fact, there was a tiny pile of egg bits next to the bowl! He had picked out the egg bits and left them on the side in one little pile. I really should have taken a picture, because if I didn't see it, I wouldn't have believe it myself.

Picky little brat! I guess everyone likes their tuna a certain way.

2 comments:

Jon said...

Just another reason you should have a dog. They'll eat anything, but can jump on the counter to get it. Cats belong in the barn catching their own food.

Jon said...

Make that "can't jump".