Sunday, April 13, 2008

Morbid Curiosity

I was puttering around the Internet and I stumbled upon this site, Energy Fiend (Because, let's face it, I consider caffeine to be a food group!). On this site is a special section called Death by Caffeine. It will calculate how much of a food or drink, based on your weight, it would take to kill you due to caffeine consumption.

Simply choose your drug of choice from the pull down menu, enter your weight, press "Kill Me"(seriously, not making that up) and volia! How much of that substance it would take to kill you. Apparently, I'll be pushing up daisies after 536.69 cans of Diet A & W Cream Soda (Hold me back!). There are much more caffeinated things on the list besides creme soda, but I wonder, just what is "Howling Monkey"? They've got most of your main stream caffeinated foods and beverages.

So if you've always wondered how many Mountain Dew's or Jolt Cola's it would take to take you down...have fun figuring your LD of Caffeine!! As for me, I think my coffee cup needs a refill...and now I know I can have at least 75 more cups of joe before any lethal side effects occur!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can drink just over 506 cans of Coke Zero before I would croak... good to know :) -Becca