Wednesday, March 8, 2006

Get Lucky

It's that time again...time to drink in the name of the patron Saint of Ireland!! (This year I have a light-up tiara!!) The Parade is this Saturday, March 11th, and if you're lookin' for this Irish girl, here's a tentative itinerary for the day:

This year's festivities will start at my house for a good old fashioned "Screwdriver Breakfast"! I'll have bagels or muffins (something from the Sara Lee Outlet) to get our tummies primed for a long day of libations! This should be starting when ever I roll my lazy butt out of bed :)

We'll be leaving Casa de Bethie at around 10:30 and taking the CTA to the Blue Line and heading downtown. We'll start our drinking at Fado (100 W. Grand Ave.312-836-0066) in the River North area. I am always willing to see the Parade, so if you're interested, let me know. I can also make either "Walking Longlslands" (inspired by Angie's Clan) or anything else that is preferred. Please let me know if you're in so that they're ready to go Saturday morning.

After the parade/people are board with Fado's (usually around noon), the plan is to continue up the Red Line to Kelly's Pub (949 W. Webster Ave.773-281-0656) near DePaul University. There are plenty of places to get food in us along the way and Kelly's sells $2 corned beef sandwiches. We'll be spending the afternoon/early evening here.

Finally, if we decide to move on, there are several places in the Wrigleyville area that we may visit. The places include (but are not limited too) Johnny O'Hagan's (3374 N. Clark St. 773-248-3600), Blarney Stone (3424 N. Sheffield Ave. 773-348-1078) or The Irish Oak (3511 N. Clark St. 773-935-6669).

After the evening is drawn to a close, the plan is to cab it back to my place to crash. I have one spare room and two couches, so bring what you need to make yourselves comfortable. My house maybe a little messy, but it's free!

If you're interested in joining us at any point through out the day, give me a holler, I can tell you where we are. Don't get discouraged if I can't hear the phone, leave a message and I'll make sure you get to where we are!

If you're planning on staying at my place or stopping by for breakfast or partaking in the "Walking Beverages" let me know, so I can plan ahead.

Hope to see you Saturday and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

2 comments:

Bede said...

I'm so jealous! I wish I were back in Chi-town with you all!!! Have some good ol' Irish fun for me please. :-)

Anonymous said...

d/l the ic3m4n remix of "ass up" by baracuda to get the song!