Saturday, February 23, 2013

Class Assignment

Definitely not as impressive as my hat, this is my first scarf.

We were given size 15 needles and taught basic stitches: Knit, purl, stockinette and garter. I used that to create this pattern. I cast on 15 and knit 3 rows. Then on the right side I knit across. On the wrong side I knit 3, purled 9 and knit 3. This was repeated for 4 rows where I switched a purl for a knit. This created the textured stripe. Finally, I knit the last three rows then bound off.

It's a good first effort that will make a lovely Christmas gift.

2 comments:

Kate H said...

I used to knit when I was a child and was pretty good. Tried it when I was pregnant and was useless, holes everywhere. I'm impressed looks good.

Anonymous said...

I'm truly enjoying the design and layout of your site. It's a very easy
on the еуеs ωhich makes it
muсh more pleasant fοr me to сome here and visit more often.
Did you hiге out a dеsigner to create youг thеme?
Οutstandіng ωork!

my sitе :: actualidadetnica.com